Aunt Ruby German Green Tomato
A mid season beefsteak variety with a deep green color that ripens to a soft kiwi green and when sliced you will see a slight pink blush inside. Perfect addition to salads and sauces. Flavorfully fruity sweet with a slight spicy taste. Winner of the 2003 Heirloom Garden Show taste test.
Fruit size: 16 oz +
Matures: 79 days
Plant spacing: 36 inches apart
Plant size: 4 feet tall
Plant type: Indeterminate
• It is believed that the tomato originates in the western portions of South America
• Varieties of wild tomatoes are still found in Peru
• Aztecs of Central America called it "xitomatl"
• In 1692 a cookbook was published in Naples and mentions the Tomato
Aunt Ruby German Green Heirloom Tomato Seeds OP
- All seed descriptions are based on careful study, research and our own growing experiments. They are reproduced here, from our web site and seed company packet descriptions and are Copyright along with photos © [ Summers Seeds Garden Products] 1998-present. All rights reserved. No part of these descriptions may be reproduced, in part or in whole, without the written consent of the owner/publisher.