European White Birch
A slender tree with a crown of weeping small branches perfect for cluster plantings or singular, as well as bonsai culture. White papery bark peels much like paperbark birch. Pale green triangles of leaves turn yellow in the fall. The tree is a certain attraction in Winter and Summer. Full Sun to part Shade. Hardy to Zone 2
- Native to Europe, Russia and Siberia and widely planted in Canada and throughout the US
- Commonly grown as ornamental specimens
- This tree is Finland's National Tree
- Indeed the Druids of ancient Britain considered it to have sacred powers of renewal and purification, with twigs used to drive out spirits of the old year
Betula pendula European Birch Weeping Birch
- All seed descriptions are based on careful study, research and our own growing experiments. They are reproduced here, from our web site and seed company packet descriptions and are Copyright along with photos © [ Summers Seeds Garden Products] 1998-present. All rights reserved. No part of these descriptions may be reproduced, in part or in whole, without the written consent of the owner/publisher.