Red Burgundy Okra
Magenta stems accent bright green leaves that become the backdrop of the desired purple pods! Lovely yellow flowers make this a plant to grow just for the flowers alone. Vigorous plants grow 3-5' tall. Pods are exceptionally uniform and can grow to 5-8". The spineless pods are just perfect when harvested at 3" long.
Excellent quality! Drought Tolerant!
1. Introduced by Clemson University by Leon Robbins
2. Tolerant of heat and drought, but not of cold
3. Leaves are spineless making it easier to harvest
4. Okra had its beginnings in Africa and has spread throughout the world
5. Okra was cultivated by the Egyptians as far back as the times of Cleopatra
6. During World War II okra seeds were used as a replacement to brew coffee
7. High in fiber and vitamin C
8. An All America Winner introduced in the late 80's
Burgundy Okra Seeds All Natural Non GMO 25 Seed Garden Pack
- All seed descriptions are based on careful study, research and our own growing experiments. They are reproduced here, from our web site and seed company packet descriptions and are Copyright along with photos © [ Summers Seeds Garden Products] 1998-present. All rights reserved. No part of these descriptions may be reproduced, in part or in whole, without the written consent of the owner/publisher.