Coffee arabica Seeds
Grown as a beautiful ornamental houseplant that will grow up to 6 feet high as a container plant and produce a spectacular coffee berry! The classic fragrance of the flowers put it at the top of many tropical plant enthusiasts wish list!
Beautiful, white star-like flowers bloom, followed by green berries ripening to a rich red. Cultivated throughout the world as a tropical plant in the greenhouse as well as the home. Lustrous dark leaves and delicately scented blooms produce a rich coffee bean that can be dried and roasted. You'll love growing this versatile houseplant. A terrific conversation piece!
1. Coffee plants may live for 60 years
2. Coffee plantation trees are kept at a six feet to get the best yield and make it easy to pick the berries even though they can grow to 40 feet
3. Each coffee berry has two beans
4. Coffee arabica originated in the mountain rainforests of Ethiopia
5. Coffee beans can be roasted and ground to make your own coffee
DetailsAll seed descriptions are based on careful study, research and our own growing experiments. They are reproduced here, from our web site and seed company packet descriptions and are Copyright along with photos © [ Summers Seeds Garden Products] 1998-present. All rights reserved. No part of these descriptions may be reproduced, in part or in whole, without the written consent of the owner/publisher.