Decicco Broccoli Seeds!
Long Season Producer!
65 Days from transplant Brassica oleracea An old-Italian heirloom is the best open-pollinated variety we have. Delicious, tender, sweet and dependable. A high performing variety that will reap huge harvests of succulent broccoli! Compact 2-3' plants produce a 4" central head. Plus you get a long season with this one! After the central head is cut, many side shoots will form. Great for spring and fall planting and even through mild winter climates. Very early. An excellent long lasting variety perfect for fresh or freezing in the home garden or farm market.
- This heirloom was introduced to the US in 1890
- The Etruscans were the first to cultivate broccoli almost three thousand years ago
- It traveled with them to the Italian peninsula where it became a favorite vegetable
- Roman farmers sometimes called it "the five green fingers of Jupiter"
- 1/3 pound of broccoli has more vitamin C than 2 1/2 pounds of oranges
- Broccoli has been cultivated for over 2000 years
- A perfect variety for any garden
- Most of the nations broccoli production is in California
- Grown in Italy during the times of the Roman Empire until the 16th century when it spread throughout the rest of Europe and then to the Americas