Hales Best Cantaloupe Vegetable Melon Seeds
An early producing cantaloupe popular in home gardens for over 80 years! Really thick salmon -orange flesh gets sweeter in hot, dry conditions. The aromatic melons weigh in at 3-5 pounds with a small seed cavity. In addition to being an all time favorite it's distinctive sweet flavor makes this melon one of the very best! Large fruits are deeply ribbed and netted. Harvest in 85 days.
- Cantaloupe plants have been cultivated since 2400 BC possibly originating in Egypt
- Chinese royalty enjoyed eating the seeds around 200 BC
- Pepo was a common term used for cantaloupe in the 1300's on
- Columbus took melon seeds to Haiti
- A cantaloupe consists of 95% water
DetailsAll seed descriptions are based on careful study, research and our own growing experiments. They are reproduced here, from our web site and seed company packet descriptions and are Copyright along with photos © [ Summers Seeds Garden Products] 1998-present. All rights reserved. No part of these descriptions may be reproduced, in part or in whole, without the written consent of the owner/publisher.