One of the oldest plants cultivated in history. True Indigo is the original source for indigo dye. The plant can be grown almost anywhere as an annual or perennial. Pink flowers accent bright green leaves. Grows to about 3 feet. Zone 3+ Low maintenance and drought tolerant once established.
1. Indigo is a member of the bean family
2. Grown throughout the world as a soil improving groundcover legume
3. The dye is from fermenting the leaves
4. Cultivated by mankind for over 4000 years
5. The dye has been discovered in the cloth of Egyptian mummies
Indigo tinctoria True Indigo 10 Seeds