A more beautiful tree is hard to find than this one! Renowned for its clusters of purple, fragrant, trumpet shaped blossoms which flower from March to May. A truly unforgettable sight! These loose clusters of deep purple grow from new stems in one glorious spray of color. Grow as a beautiful standard, bonsai plant or container grown on the deck or greenhouse.
- Native of Brazil and has been introduced into many tropical and sub-tropical countries
- The name mimosifolia means “leaves like mimosa”
- The common name Jacaranda is seldom pronounced correctly
- Coming from Brazil, where Portuguese is spoken, the letter "j" is pronounced like a "z" with the last vowel accented
Jacaranda mimosifolia Tree Seeds
- All seed descriptions are based on careful study, research and our own growing experiments. They are reproduced here, from our web site and seed company packet descriptions and are Copyright along with photos © [ Summers Seeds Garden Products] 1998-present. All rights reserved. No part of these descriptions may be reproduced, in part or in whole, without the written consent of the owner/publisher.