Lollo Rosso Lettuce Seeds NON GMO
60 days. You'll love this delicious most beautiful lettuce with green curled leaves and bright red edges. A mild and tasty variety superb for market.and the home garden! Lollo Rosso forms leaves that have a crisp, semi-succulent, hardy texture and ruffled tips. A non-hearting loose-leaf lettuce, Lollo Rosso thrives in cool seasons in fertile soil with warm days and cool nights.
When harvesting, be sure the lettuce leaves are at least three inches in length. Start with the outer layer to encourage growth. The perfect lettuce variety to blend with other salad greens and beautiful in presentations as well as in sandwiches.
- There are four lettuce type classifications: crisphead, romaine, loose and butterhead
- Lollo Rosso is a red loose leaf type of lettuce
- Lollo Rosso's sister varieties are Lollo Biando and Lollo Verde
- Lollo Rosso is native to Italy
- Several harvests can be obtained from one plant until the central stem forms
- Loose-leaf lettuces like Lollo Rosso provide vitamins A and C, folate, and iron
- Scientists found that Lollo Rosso has 100 times more antioxidants than common lettuce
DetailsAll seed descriptions are based on careful study, research and our own growing experiments. They are reproduced here, from our web site and seed company packet descriptions and are Copyright along with photos © [ Summers Seeds Garden Products] 1998-present. All rights reserved. No part of these descriptions may be reproduced, in part or in whole, without the written consent of the owner/publisher.