Pinus Resinosa Red Pine Tree Seed Bonsai Seeds
Pinus Resinosa - Red Pine
This tree is characterized by reddish bark and rough, shallowly fissured trunk, giving this tree the look of age against dark green evergreen needles forming a very distinguished, elegant look. The trunks tend to grow crooked, giving it an ornamental character, making it one of the most popular specimens for a Bonsai work of art or an accent specimen near a water feature. Bright green needles are accent by purple tinted cones. Grown for the shallow root system and ability to grow out of rocks.
- Plants can be massed together spaced 4 to 5 feet apart forming a nice hedge or barrier. Thick growth discourages people from walking through the plant.
- Can be used is mass plantings in sun or part shade.
- Also known as Norway pine
- This tree is one of the most extensively planted species in the northern United States and Canada
- Flowers in April-June
- The best seed production occurs in tree 50 - 150 years old
- Makes an excellent plant for collectors of bonsai plants for the home or greenhouse environment.
DetailsAll seed descriptions are based on careful study, research and our own growing experiments. They are reproduced here, from our web site and seed company packet descriptions and are Copyright along with photos © [ Summers Seeds Garden Products] 1998-present. All rights reserved. No part of these descriptions may be reproduced, in part or in whole, without the written consent of the owner/publisher.