A compact evergreen shrub with tiny wild rose flowers accented by little evergreen leaves. A highly valued garden plant desired for its pleasant citrus scented foliage and stunning bouquet of flowers. Perfect for container growing as well as bonsai culture. As a standard, plants can be grouped close together for a stunning visual effect. Trunks look old and rugged after a few years. Keep moist and do not let dry out. NOTE: Seeds are very small and thread -like.
- Native to Australia
- This genus was first recognized by Johann Reinhold Forster in 1776 and comprises 86 species, 83 occurring in Australia
- The common name of Tea Tree derives from the practice of early Australian settlers who soaked the leaves in boiling water to make a herbal tea rich in Vitamin C
- It is said that Captain Cook brewed tea of Leptospermum leaves to prevent scurvy among his crew The nectar from the flowers is harvested by bees and used to make Manuka honey
- This honey has strong antibacterial and anti-fungal properties
Rose Flower Leptospermum scoparium Manuka Tea Tree Seeds
- All seed descriptions are based on careful study, research and our own growing experiments. They are reproduced here, from our web site and seed company packet descriptions and are Copyright along with photos © [ Summers Seeds Garden Products] 1998-present. All rights reserved. No part of these descriptions may be reproduced, in part or in whole, without the written consent of the owner/publisher.