Royalty Purple Pod Bush Bean Seed NON Gmo
Royalty Purple Pod Bush Bean
An easy to grow heirloom from 1957 with deep, rich, purple pods that stand right out among bright green foliage. Deep purple pods are string-less, tasty and temptingly green when cooked. Tender enough to eat raw. Use in salad, boiled or steamed. Great for the freezer or canning. Snap, 55 days. A steady prducer all season long!
Beans are very easy to grow and manage. This group of beans is a favorite for the home garden and can be grown just about anywhere because they have a relatively short growing season. Tolerant of Mexican bean beetle.
- Bred at the University of New Hampshire by Elwyn Meader
- Introduced by Helper Seed CO in 1957
- A terrific bean for small spaces
- Heirloom variety discovered by Henry Fields in an Ozark garden in the 1930s
- For the best flavor and crispness steam the beans rather than boil
- Harvest beans when they are between 4" and 7" for best flavor
- Flowers are a beautiful purple
DetailsAll seed descriptions are based on careful study, research and our own growing experiments. They are reproduced here, from our web site and seed company packet descriptions and are Copyright along with photos © [ Summers Seeds Garden Products] 1998-present. All rights reserved. No part of these descriptions may be reproduced, in part or in whole, without the written consent of the owner/publisher.