Sweet Lilac Bell Pepper
Always a favorite with big yields of lilac colored peppers on a compact plant. Perfect for raised beds and square foot gardens as well as market gardens. High yields and extra-large fruit have made this one of the most popular sweet peppers around! Crisp texture, sweet and mild makes this a must have for any garden! Excellent for salads, stuffing, and gourmet dishes. A variety from the USA Perfect for northern gardens and excellent in the south! Highly Productive! Fruits are about 4' Long x 3" wide
1. Peppers were grown extensively in Central and South America, Mexico, and the West Indies long before birth of Christ
2. Columbus and other early explorers who introduced peppers to welcoming Europeans
3. Peppers are a major New World contribution to the cuisine of the Old World
4. By the 17th century, peppers were cultivated not only in Europe, but in much of Asia and Africa.
5. Even though peppers are indigenous to the Americas, they were not introduced to North America until they arrived with the early colonists!
6. Makes an excellent plant for collectors of plants for the home or greenhouse environment
7. Perfect plant to grow from the Tropics