120 Days From Transplant
ALL SALES FINAL
Glutinous rice, (Does not contain gluten), also called sticky rice, is a short grain that becomes sticky when cooked. Dried stalks make a beautiful addition to any flower arrangement. Grow in containers to be sure enough time can be given for maturity. Rice plants have high water needs, but can easily be grow in pots, pools, or containers. Including containers indoors.
The seed quantities we offer are perfect amounts for container growing.
· There are over 40000 varieties of rice
· The species oryza sativa has been grown over 11000 years
· Asia has more varieties than anywhere else in the world
· The Chinese devote a whole day of their New Year celebration to the crop
· In some Asian cultures rice is believed to be a link between Heaven and Earth
· Indian cultures believe rice is linked to fertility resulting in the tradition of rice-throwing at weddings