Expect large yields with this variety of deep green, richly flavored tomatillo fruit. This is the fruit that is considered the source of the flavor of authentic Mexican cuisine like salsa verde. Experience the tangy, zesty flavor of these 2-4 oz fruits!
1. Add tomatillos to soups, sauces, jams, desserts, appetizers, and Mexican dishes
2. Green salsas are different than red salsas because tomatillos are used instead of tomatoes
3. Harvest when the papery shell is dry and begins to crack – this is when the fruit is ready for salsa
4. Tomatillos can produce up to 1 pound of fruit per plant
5. Like their close relatives cape gooseberries, tomatillos have a high pectin content
6. Ripe tomatillos will keep in the refrigerator for about two weeks
7. The tomatillo is also known as the husk tomato, jamberry, husk cherry, Mexican tomato,
8. Tomatillo means "Little Tomato"
Tomatillo Verde Physalis ixocarpa 20 Seeds