Top Notch Golden Bush Bean
This bean is a bush type plant that produces excellent yields of beautiful golden beans. Good for northern climates as well as the south. Beans grow on 16" tall, compact plants and produce delicious golden pods about 5-6" long. Perfect for raised gardens as well as larger pots. Straight stringless pods grow straight with a rich buttery flavor. Steady and productive. Excellent for freezing and g canning. Perfect for three bean salads. This variety is rust resistant.
Beans are very easy to grow and manage. Excellent for early planting, matures in 55 days. This group of beans is a favorite for the home garden and can be grown just about anywhere because they have a relatively short growing season.
- Introduced sometime around 1959
- A terrific bean for small spaces
- For the best flavor and crispness steam the beans rather than boil
- Harvest beans when they are between 4" and 7" for best flavor
- There have been many variations over the years, but Golden Wax was also known as Topnotch or Rustproof Golden Wax
Top notch Golden Bush Bean Seed
- All seed descriptions are based on careful study, research and our own growing experiments. They are reproduced here, from our web site and seed company packet descriptions and are Copyright along with photos © [ Summers Seeds Garden Products] 1998-present. All rights reserved. No part of these descriptions may be reproduced, in part or in whole, without the written consent of the owner/publisher.