Wisteria sinensis is a deciduous perennial vine from many provinces of China. It can grow up to 30 meters, and is best known for it's beautiful, fragrant violet-lavender clusters of flowers that bloom each Spring. The blossoms have a unique grape like scent. Wisteria will only bloom when exposed partial to full sunlight.
One of the most breathtaking landscapes featuring Wisteria sinensis is the Wisteria Tunnel at Japan’s Kawachi Fuji Gardens. It's ethereal and beyond stunning- a true masterpiece from nature.
This plant makes a most interesting deck plant and grows well as a container plant for many years if pruned and shaped, for the home or greenhouse, in addition to being a specimen or bonsai work of art.
1. Wisteria is a member of the Pea family
2. Very easy and fast growing
3. The genus was named in honor of an anatomy professor at the University of Pennsylvania, Caspar Wistar (1761-1818)
4. Highly ornamental with flower clusters growing six inches to a foot
5. Flowers are violet-blue and slightly fragrant
6. Makes an excellent plant for collectors of plants for the home or greenhouse environment
7. Grown for the beautiful leaf shape and color of hanging flowers
Note: For us to keep prices low - small orders may be shipped first class without tracking.
Many people grow them in pots and bring indoors when the weather turns rough.
Note: It is normal for tropical seed germination to be sporadic from as little as 30 days to 6 months or more- so patience is required.
Buyers should do their own research for plant uses if needed.
Wisteria sinensis Chinese Wisteria 5 Seeds
- All seed descriptions are based on careful study, research and our own growing experiments. They are reproduced here, from our web site and seed company packet descriptions and are Copyright along with photos © [ Summers Seeds Garden Products] 1998-present. All rights reserved. No part of these descriptions may be reproduced, in part or in whole, without the written consent of the owner/publisher.