Italian Heirloom Tomato
70-80 Days From Transplant
Bright red fruits grow to over 1 pound
Excellent tomato flavor
Perfect for slicing and canning
Easy to peel
Indeterminate - Fruit ripens throughout the season
A large red heirloom from Italy. Fruits are a mild and sweet and weigh in over a pound on indeterminate vines. Perfect for sauces and paste in addition to fresh eating on salads and sandwiches.
1. Although concidered "Italian" this tomato originated in Mexico
2. Tomatoes are believed to have originated in the western portions of South America
3. Varieties of wild tomatoes are still found in Peru
4. Aztecs of Central America called it "xitomatl"
5. In 1692 a cookbook was published in Naples and mentions the Tomato
They can be used fresh, frozen, canned and in salads
top of page
$4.00 Regular Price