White Lisbon Bunching Onion
60-120 Days to Harvest
Long, slender, green stalks cluster together with superb flavor and versatile use. Grown for the tasty roots as well as the green tops. Use both the roots and tops fresh in salads, and as seasoning in most dishes especially Italian meals. A reliable all season variety that are heat and cold resistant! Plant in Spring, Summer and Fall. Excellent for greenhouse growing.
1. Onions can take several months to mature from seed so it is better to start indoors then set out or they may be grown indoors in containers for year round production
2. Plant the seeds 1/4" deep in flats or pots 2-3 months before the last frost date
3. Keep soil moist and at room temperature
4. When tops begin to bend over trim them down to about 3" to for root growth
5. Four weeks before the last frost or when the SOIL temperature reaches at least 50 degrees F, transplant the seedlings 3" apart in rows 12" apart
6. For direct sowing outdoors, sow four-five seeds per inch 1/4" deep in rich composted soil with full sun
7. Use as a companion plant with cabbage, lettuce, tomatoes and keep moist
They can be used fresh in salads and cooking
Plant Care: For the biggest yields grow plants in raised composted beds. Water regularly.