Acrocarpus fraxinifolius Pink Cedar Tropical plant Seeds
Coffee Shade Tree
This tropical tree is found in rainforests throughout the Asian region. In the early spring, just before the first leaves emerge many scarlet-red flowers appear 3 to 6 inches long near the branch tips. The flowers are composed of half inch long green petals that rest inconspicuously just under scarlet colored stamens causing it to look much like a bottle brush. The tree grows very fast with a wide base making an interesting bonsai specimen plant with the look of age and ruggedness.
Leave grow green from youthful long leaflets that emerge pink-yellow, turning to bright lime green as it matures. This gives the tree a multi-colored appearance. Most of the spring and summer.
Although a tropical tree it has been known to survive temperatures as low as 28 F
This tropical tree is unmatched in beauty when in bloom. This very rare seed produces a versatile multi-purpose tree that is perfect for the plant collector. Although a tropical plant it is moderately drought tolerant but must be protected from hard frost. Seedlings will need a lot of light to grow well. The tree is perfect for the household environment in addition to bonsai culture. Blossoms attract pollinators, like butterflies and hummingbirds, filling the tree with all kinds of activity. This tree is highly prized by collectors worldwide and seed is hard to get so don’t wait and buy yours today!
1. Native to all parts of India and China
2. An excellent specimen for Bonsai Culture
3. Another fun plant from seeds of the Rainforest
4. The plant is a food source for the endangered lion tailed macaque
5. This tree is used as a shade tree for coffee plantations to protect coffee plants
6. Can grow 50 – 70 feet as a specimen planting outdoors
7. This tree is the only one in its genus
8. This tree is deciduous