Also known as Red Bead Tree and Red Lucky Tree
Rounded green leaves and wide spreading branches grace this small to medium sized tree. As the tree ages, brown bark slightly peels adding interest to the grayer smaller branches. Scented, small, star-shaped flowers are followed by bright red, shiny seeds that are often used in crafts and necklace making. This tree makes a most interesting bonsai project and also grows well as a container plant for the home or greenhouse in addition to being a specimen plant.
As with any plant, caution should be exercised about leaves or seeds and whether or not the plant is meant to be ingested. Seller is not responsible for buyer’s use of plant.
- Native to Malaysia, China and India
- Grows well in seaside gardens
- A red dye is extracted from the heartwood and used in India for the forehead spot
- Flowers in spring
- Seeds are often used as rosary beads
- Does well as an outdoor standard in zones 9+
Adenanthera pavonina Seeds Red Sandalwood Tree
- All seed descriptions are based on careful study, research and our own growing experiments. They are reproduced here, from our web site and seed company packet descriptions and are Copyright along with photos © [ Summers Seeds Garden Products] 1998-present. All rights reserved. No part of these descriptions may be reproduced, in part or in whole, without the written consent of the owner/publisher.