A very large orange heirloom tomato takes its name from Iowa's Amana Colonies, one of America's longest-lived communal societies, where it has been a long-time favorite. Fruits are a mild, sweet, tropical flavor and light orange and growing up to 1-2 lb. on indeterminate vines. One slice covers an entire piece of bread!
Fruit size: 1-2 pounds
Matures: 70-80 days
Plant spacing: 36 inches apart
Plant size: 4-6 feet tall
Plant type: Indeterminate
• The Tomato is believed to have originated in the western portions of South America
• Varieties of wild tomatoes are still found in Peru
• Aztecs of Central America called it "xitomatl"
• In 1692 a cookbook was published in Naples and mentions the Tomato
They can be used fresh, frozen, canned and in salads
Amana Orange Heirloom Tomato Seeds OP NON GMO
- All seed descriptions are based on careful study, research and our own growing experiments. They are reproduced here, from our web site and seed company packet descriptions and are Copyright along with photos © [ Summers Seeds Garden Products] 1998-present. All rights reserved. No part of these descriptions may be reproduced, in part or in whole, without the written consent of the owner/publisher.