Annona glabra Pond Apple Seeds
Note: seeds float - this is normal when soaking prior to planting
No shipments to Australia
A beautiful sub-tropical small semi-deciduous tree with large and spreading branches accented by glossy dark green drooping leaves. Sweet fragrant flowers bloom light yellow with a trumpet shape followed by aromatic, fruit that tastes a lot like honeydew melons.
The fruit takes between 20 and 25 weeks to reach maturity in sub-tropical climates where the days are not too hot and night temperatures remain cool. Juice is made from the fruits yellow pulp to make a delicious drink. This makes a terrific potted plant!
THIS is a tropical tree -- Cannot tolerate frost.
This plant makes a most interesting deck plant and grows well as a container plant for several years if pruned and shaped, for the home or greenhouse, in addition to being a specimen plant.
This very rare plant produces a versatile multi-purpose tree that is perfect for the plant collector. Although a tropical plant it is moderately drought tolerant but must be protected from frost. Seedlings will need a lot of light to grow well. The tree is perfect for the household environment in addition to bonsai culture. Blossoms attract pollinators, like butterflies and hummingbirds, filling the tree with all kinds of activity. This tree is highly prized by collectors worldwide and seed is hard to get so don’t wait and buy yours today!
1. Native to the Caribbean region but has spread across Central and South America
2. Also known as aligator apple because aligators love to eat them
3. Both the fruits and seeds float to allow easy dispersal and spead of the species
4. Can produce fruit at 4-5 years old
5. Makes an excellent plant for collectors of plants for the home or greenhouse environment
6. Grown for the beautiful leaf shape and color
7. The tree has been cultivated in Florida for many years