Nestled among bright yellow flowers of this fast growing vining melon are large fruits with bright white flesh that is quite sweet when young. As the fruit matures it develops a waxy coating giving it a long shelf life. Even though it is called a melon the mature fruits loose their sweetness. Sow seed and grow like annual melon or squash. Sow when soil reaches 65 degrees F.
As with any plant, caution should be exercised about leaves or seeds and use of the plant and whether caution should be exercised around pets or children. It is the buyer’s responsibility to know whether any plant or seed is acceptable or allowable for the area being shipped to. Seller is not responsible for buyer’s use of plant or seeds and any dangers thereof. By purchasing this item buyer accepts this understanding.
1.Native to Southeast Asia
2. Hardy outdoors in zones 2+ as an annual squash
3. Fruits should be stored at 55 degrees
4. Fruit sizes will range from 5-20 pounds
5. Often grown for ornamental use
6. Fruit shell can be dried and made into bowls
Benincasa hispida Winter Wax Melon White Gourd Seeds
- All seed descriptions are based on careful study, research and our own growing experiments. They are reproduced here, from our web site and seed company packet descriptions and are Copyright along with photos © [ Summers Seeds Garden Products] 1998-present. All rights reserved. No part of these descriptions may be reproduced, in part or in whole, without the written consent of the owner/publisher.