This old Russian variety is very popular among modern gardeners today. A deep maroon, almost black fruit Always a favorite in taste tests, Black Krim has a flavor that is described as tangy, rich, and sweet. Beautiful dark slices. Vigorous plants grow best with strong staking or tall cages. Keep watered to avoid drought caused cracking.
- Fruit size: 8-12 oz +
- Matures: 70-80 days
- Plant spacing: 36 inches apart
- Plant size: 4-7 feet tall
- Plant type: Indeterminate
From the Isle of Krim in the black Sea where summers are perfect for tomato growing
Distributed by Crimean soldiers returning from war in the late 1800’s
• The Tomato is believed to have originated in the western portions of South America
• Varieties of wild tomatoes are still found in Peru
• Aztecs of Central America called it "xitomatl"
• In 1692 a cookbook was published in Naples and mentions the Tomato
Black Krim Heirloom Tomato Seeds OP Non GMO
- All seed descriptions are based on careful study, research and our own growing experiments. They are reproduced here, from our web site and seed company packet descriptions and are Copyright along with photos © [ Summers Seeds Garden Products] 1998-present. All rights reserved. No part of these descriptions may be reproduced, in part or in whole, without the written consent of the owner/publisher.