This tropical tree is unmatched in beauty when in bloom. Bright orange blossoms burst out in February and March setting winter on fire which is where the common name comes from. This tropical is a deciduous tree losing their ovular green leaves in early winter, followed by the flowers giving their best show among leaf-les branches.
This very rare plant produces a versatile multi-purpose tree that is perfect for the plant collector. Although a tropical plant it is moderately drought tolerant but must be protected from frost. Seedlings will need a lot of light to grow well.
1. Native to all parts of India
2. An excellent specimen for Bonsai Culture
3. Another fun plant from seeds of the Rainforest
4. This is a medium sized dry season deciduous tree
5. Young trees can grow about a foot a year