Chantenay Carrot Seeds Small Size - Big Taste!
App 250 Seeds = 9 foot row
An extra sweet heirloom variety introduced in 1929. This gourmet baby carrot grows only 4-6" long and about 1" thick with smooth skin and small orange-red core. A classic baby variety with a consistently crisp and juicy bite that you will find irresistible! A true beauty great for container growing and raised beds.
Carrots are a cool-weather crop, best sown direct as soon as the soil is workable in spring, or in late summer for fall harvest. Heavy soils are a problem for root development, so prepare the soil thoroughly before planting or, if you are in a clay soil area, consider growing in raised beds or even containers. Carrots also need moisture to keep from splitting. Harvest the roots as soon as you want, but certainly when they are less than 2 inches across; the smaller the tastier!
1. Higher in vitamins A and B than their store-bought counterparts, home-grown carrots are also rich in calcium and phosphorus
2. Carrots are high in beta carotene
3. A perfect variety for any garden
4. The orange pigment converts to vitamin A once eaten
5. First cultivated in the Mediterranean regions and grown by the Romans