Cherokee Purple Heirloom Tomato Seeds OP Natural
Cherokee Purple Heirloom Tomato
An heirloom form the 1800’s originally grown by the Cherokee Nation. Large pink to purple fruit are intensely flavorful and perfect for slicing and salads in addition to salsas. Very productive and disease resistant. Sets Fruit all summer long!
Fruit size: 10-12 oz +
Matures: 80 days
Plant spacing: 36 inches apart
Plant size: 4-6 feet tall
Plant type: Indeterminate
• This is a true legacy plant, believed to have originated more than 120 years ago in the Cherokee nation in Tennessee
• The Tomato is believed to have originated in the western portions of South America
• Varieties of wild tomatoes are still found in Peru
• Aztecs of Central America called it "xitomatl"
• In 1692 a cookbook was published in Naples and mentions the Tomato
DetailsAll seed descriptions are based on careful study, research and our own growing experiments. They are reproduced here, from our web site and seed company packet descriptions and are Copyright along with photos © [ Summers Seeds Garden Products] 1998-present. All rights reserved. No part of these descriptions may be reproduced, in part or in whole, without the written consent of the owner/publisher.