Forest Peach or Buttercup Seeds
Cochlospermum vitifolium Poro - Poro
One of the most beautiful of deciduous flowering trees! You'll love the masses of golden, yellow flowers blooming among leaves shaped like a grapevine. Flowers start when tree is young and you will enjoy masses of buttercup blooms for about a three month period in late winter followed by fruit that looks a lot like the most perfect peach and hanging in bunches. An excellent choice for tropical as well as bonsai culture.
1. A deciduous tropical tree
2. Flowers appear before the leaves in February -March
3. Plants as young as 2 years old can often bloom
4. A fast growing tree
5. Best when kept pruned
6. Also known as cotton tree and Poro-Poro
7. Bark fibers have been used to make twine
8. Makes an excellent plant for collectors of plants for the home or greenhouse environment
9. Grown for the beautiful star leaf shape and color.
10. Another fun plant from seeds of the Rainforest
Photos are licensed and copyright by various artists – BE Respectful and Do not use them - always get proper permission or licensing
Cochlospermum vitifolium Poro - Poro Buttercup Seeds
- All seed descriptions are based on careful study, research and our own growing experiments. They are reproduced here, from our web site and seed company packet descriptions and are Copyright along with photos © [ Summers Seeds Garden Products] 1998-present. All rights reserved. No part of these descriptions may be reproduced, in part or in whole, without the written consent of the owner/publisher.