A beautiful, fast growing small plant that, if allowed, can grow up to five feet indoors. Beautiful foliage becomes a backdrop to fragrant, pink flower clusters followed by yellow, egg-shaped fruit that taste much like a tomato. Flowers are self pollinating and the plant can bear fruit within the first year! An excellent container plant!
1. The fruit may be cut and eaten raw but in its native lands it is stewed to form a thick jelly
2. The skin of the fruit should be removed before cooking
3. Fruit sets from October to January in orange, red and purple
4. Native to Peru
5. Perfect for the home and greenhouse growers
6. Another fun plant from seeds of the Rainforest