Eleusine coracana Ragi African Finger Millet Seeds
African Finger Millet
Green Cat Seeds
This annual grass is widely grown in arid African and Asian regions as a cereal grain. Very adaptable to most climate even at very high elevations where it is grown in the Himalayas. Seeds have a long storage capacity and are rarely attacked by insects or mold.
1. Native to Asia and Africa
2. Hardy outdoors in zones
3. Grown as a crop as long ago as 4000 years
4. Often intercropped with legumes and peanuts
5. The grain is ground into a flour and used for baking cakes and seeds are used to make cereal based meals
6. The straw makes a good fodder
7. Higher in protein, fat and minerals than rice
DetailsAll seed descriptions are based on careful study, research and our own growing experiments. They are reproduced here, from our web site and seed company packet descriptions and are Copyright along with photos © [ Summers Seeds Garden Products] 1998-present. All rights reserved. No part of these descriptions may be reproduced, in part or in whole, without the written consent of the owner/publisher.