German Johnson Heirloom Tomato
A beefsteak tomato that has stood the test of time. Big red-pink tomatoes grow on robust plants that make perfect slicers for sandwiches as well as diced for salads. Well suited for many climates especially hot and even does well in southern humid climates. Fairly disease resistant. A favorite at farmers markets and make a perfect plant for the home garden. Will need staking.
• It is believed that the tomato originates in the western portions of South America
• Varieties of wild tomatoes are still found in Peru
• Aztecs of Central America called it "xitomatl"
• In 1692 a cookbook was published in Naples and mentions the Tomato
German Johnson Heirloom Tomato Seeds OP NON GMO=20 seed pack
- All seed descriptions are based on careful study, research and our own growing experiments. They are reproduced here, from our web site and seed company packet descriptions and are Copyright along with photos © [ Summers Seeds Garden Products] 1998-present. All rights reserved. No part of these descriptions may be reproduced, in part or in whole, without the written consent of the owner/publisher.