Gliricidia sepium Forest Lilac Seed
Forest Lilac Also known as “mother of cocoa.” This miniature tree blooms pink flowers in big bouquets that will brighten up any home.
This tree is often grown with coffee and cocoa plants to shade them from hot suns. A legume related to peas and beans. Perfect as a container tropical or for use in bonsai culture in addition to deck plantings or as a standard.
- This legume is often used as a live fence in Tropical countries
- Leaves are ground and mixed with water and used as a bath for animals
- It is believed to repel insects even though the tree has been found to have no toxic entities
- Makes an excellent plant for collectors of plants for the home or greenhouse environment
- Grown for the beautiful leaf shape and color
- Makes an excellent specimen for Bonsai Culture
DetailsAll seed descriptions are based on careful study, research and our own growing experiments. They are reproduced here, from our web site and seed company packet descriptions and are Copyright along with photos © [ Summers Seeds Garden Products] 1998-present. All rights reserved. No part of these descriptions may be reproduced, in part or in whole, without the written consent of the owner/publisher.