A very smooth-skinned melon that ripens to a beautiful pale green to ivory-gold with a small seed cavity. Sweet lime-green, juicy flesh has a delightful aroma.
Vines produce large fruits up to 6 lb that store and ship well. A heavy producer!
1. Cantaloupe plants have been cultivated since 2400 BC possibly originating in Egypt
2. Chinese royalty enjoyed eating the seeds around 200 BC
3. Pepo was a common term used for cantaloupe in the 1300's on
4. Columbus took melon seeds to Haiti
5. A cantaloupe consists of 95% water
Planting Depth - 1/4"
Seed Spacing - Sow indoors and plant outside 18" apart
Days to Germinate - 6-12
Row Spacing - 12"
Days to Maturity -75-85 days