Rose of Sharon
From early summer through fall, masses of 3 inch purple – blue blossoms accent forest green foliage on an upright, vigorous, multi-stemmed shrub. Thrives in most soil types, but loves well-drained moist conditions. Grow as a standard or hedge. Hardy deciduous shrub for zones 5+
1. This is the national flower of South Korea
2. Also known as Korean Rose
3. The Korean name is Mugunghwa meaning eternity or endless abundance
4. Grown in England by the 1600’s
Standard Zone 5+
Potted Deck Plant
Many of our customers grow them in pots and bring indoors when the weather turns rough.
Hibiscus Syriacus Rose of Sharon Seeds Purple Pink
- All seed descriptions are based on careful study, research and our own growing experiments. They are reproduced here, from our web site and seed company packet descriptions and are Copyright along with photos © [ Summers Seeds Garden Products] 1998-present. All rights reserved. No part of these descriptions may be reproduced, in part or in whole, without the written consent of the owner/publisher.