Lagerstroemia indica Tree Banaba Crape Myrtle Red - Fuchsia
A more beautiful small tree is hard to finds than this one! This multi-branched tree is perfect for deck gardens, bonsai, or grow in the landscape as a standard. We have several growing in pots on the deck. Flowers of red to fuchsia bloom profusely from mid summer to fall. Small seed heads follow giving the tree an attractive look through winter. Brilliant green rounded leaves accent the gray-brown trunk that is smooth and mottled and gives the tree a most unique look. Prune to shape as desired or keep small.
1. The fruit is oval, about a half inch long and splits in six pieces when mature; the seeds are small and have winged flaps
2. The Queen's flower will stand out in every garden and is a beautiful landscape tree
3. Native to Asia, the crape myrtle is very common in the southern US, having been introduced over 150 years ago
4. It gets its common name from its crepe-like, crinkled petals, and the resemblance of its leaves to the true myrtle
5. Queens Crape Myrtle is a prized bonsai plant in the Orient
DetailsAll seed descriptions are based on careful study, research and our own growing experiments. They are reproduced here, from our web site and seed company packet descriptions and are Copyright along with photos © [ Summers Seeds Garden Products] 1998-present. All rights reserved. No part of these descriptions may be reproduced, in part or in whole, without the written consent of the owner/publisher.