Pairs of rosy pink blooms peek through green leaves beginning in mid spring and continuing through summer. This multi-branched shrub grows to around 9 feet at full maturity. Hummingbirds can be found fluttering about the plant when in full bloom. Survives temperatures as low as 35 degrees F below 0 with moderate drought tolerance once established.
- The shrub is deciduous and tolerates a wide variety of soil types and is drought tolerant. This shrub makes a most interesting bonsai project and also grows well as a container plant for the home or greenhouse in addition to being a specimen plant.Fun Facts:
- Native to Siberia and parts of Asia
- Introduced to the US in 1752
- Cold stratification is not required for plants from seed
- Among the many pollinators are the Ruby-Throated Hummingbird
Lonicera tatarica Tatarian Honeysuckle Seeds
- All seed descriptions are based on careful study, research and our own growing experiments. They are reproduced here, from our web site and seed company packet descriptions and are Copyright along with photos © [ Summers Seeds Garden Products] 1998-present. All rights reserved. No part of these descriptions may be reproduced, in part or in whole, without the written consent of the owner/publisher.