Marglobe Tomato 25 Seeds Heirloom NON GMO
74 -80 Days
An old time favorite producing large sized, uniform, globe-shaped fruits ranging in size from 8-10 oz, and bursting with old fashioned flavor. Heavy fruits - vigorous vines. Perfect for canning, juicing and fresh use. Fruits resist cracking and have a beautiful, smooth skin. The uniform, firm thick fruits are perfect in sandwiches and salads. An all time favorite with gourmet grocers and chefs. Fruits ripen all at once making it a premium canning tomato.
Fruit size: 8-10 oz
Matures: 74-80 days
Plant spacing: 36 inches apart
Plant size: 3-4 feet tall
Plant type: determinate
1. Original source of disease resistance of Rutgers variety
2. First disease-resistant variety with good resistance to Verticillium and Fusarium wilts
3. The Tomato is believed to have originated in the western portions of South America
4. Varieties of wild tomatoes are still found in Peru
5. Aztecs of Central America called it "xitomatl"
6. In 1692 a cookbook was published in Naples and mentions the Tomato
They can be used fresh, frozen, canned and in salads