Pink Velvet Banana
A small banana plant perfect for use in the landscape and mostly grown for their ornamental appeal. Narrow trunks grow to about 5 feet, if grown as a specimen plant outdoors, and about 3-4 feet as a potted plant. Long green leaves are graced by pink flowers with purple bracts followed by pink to purple fruit. A perfect tropical option!
1. There are over 100 varieties of banana plants
2. Grow outside in zones 9 or above
3. Banana plants usually flower after one year of growing
4. Flowers are usually huge compared to the plant
5. Banana fruit ripens from top to bottom
Note: Banana seeds are known to require patience for germination - often times up to 6 months but the wait is worth it.
Musa velutina Pink Flowering Banana Tropical Seed
- All seed descriptions are based on careful study, research and our own growing experiments.
They are reproduced here, from our web site and seed company packet descriptions and are
Copyright along with photos © [ Summers Seeds Garden Products] 1998-present. All rights reserved.
No part of these descriptions may be reproduced, in part or in whole, without the written consent of the owner/publisher.