Parris Island Cos Lettuce Seed
Parris Island Cos Lettuce
A beautiful romaine lettuce with a sweet light green-yellow center. Uniform heads are tall and erect. Excellent for salads. One of my favorites for flavor!
Perfect for small gardens and the market gardener alike.
- Named after Paris Island off of South Carolina
- Developed around 1949 by Clemson College
- First released by Ferry-Morse Seed Company in 1951
- Cos is a type of lettuce with thick outer leaves
- The word originates from Greek island of Cos where it is assumed lettuce developed
- Lettuce reached western civilization via the Roman Empire
DetailsAll seed descriptions are based on careful study, research and our own growing experiments. They are reproduced here, from our web site and seed company packet descriptions and are Copyright along with photos © [ Summers Seeds Garden Products] 1998-present. All rights reserved. No part of these descriptions may be reproduced, in part or in whole, without the written consent of the owner/publisher.