An old time favorite extra large, meaty tomato, ranging from 15-25oz, and bursting with old fashioned flavor. The deep red tomato is flat and solid with very few seeds, making it a good choice for recipes that call for chopped, drained tomatoes, or for a big, juicy addition to your sandwiches. One of the most beautiful tomatoes grown today. Fruits grow deep red. This beefsteak variety is elegantly tasty with a nice sweetness that compliments most dishes. An all time favorite with gourmet grocers and chefs.
Fruit size: 15 – 25 oz
Matures: 86 days
Plant spacing: 36 inches apart
Plant size: 6 feet tall
Plant type: Indeterminate
- The ponderosa is a low acid variety
- The Tomato is believed to have originated in the western portions of South America
- Varieties of wild tomatoes are still found in Peru
- Aztecs of Central America called it "xitomatl"
- In 1692 a cookbook was published in Naples and mentions the Tomato
Ponderosa Heirloom Tomato Seeds OP Natural Non GMO
- All seed descriptions are based on careful study, research and our own growing experiments. They are reproduced here, from our web site and seed company packet descriptions and are Copyright along with photos © [ Summers Seeds Garden Products] 1998-present. All rights reserved. No part of these descriptions may be reproduced, in part or in whole, without the written consent of the owner/publisher.