An old fashioned favorite that produces meaty, very tasty tomatoes that have been known to grow as large as 2 pounds! Beefsteaks are always grown for their flavor and size for slicing and summer sandwiches. This variety produces large, meaty red fruit over a long season on indeterminate plants. Matures later in the season so expect a fresh harvest in the latter part of the growing season. Beloved by gardeners in and grown throughout the country and world. Resistant to fusarium wilt and nematodes.
Fruit size: 14-24 oz +
Matures: 85-90 days
Plant spacing: 36 inches apart
Plant size: 6 feet tall
Plant type: Indeterminate
• It is believed that the tomato originates in the western portions of South America
• Varieties of wild tomatoes are still found in Peru
• Aztecs of Central America called it "xitomatl"
• In 1692 a cookbook was published in Naples and mentions the Tomato
Red Beefsteak Heirloom Tomato Seeds OP Non GMO
- All seed descriptions are based on careful study, research and our own growing experiments. They are reproduced here, from our web site and seed company packet descriptions and are Copyright along with photos © [ Summers Seeds Garden Products] 1998-present. All rights reserved. No part of these descriptions may be reproduced, in part or in whole, without the written consent of the owner/publisher.