Red Brandywine Tomato Seeds
Red Brandywine Tomato
Well formed bright red, juicy fruits have a rich, old-fashioned flavor. Perfect as a slicer and works well diced in salads.
Fruit size: 16 oz
Matures: 80 days
Plant spacing: 36 inches apart
Plant size: 4 feet tall
Plant type: Indeterminate
1. Named after Brandeywine Creek in Chester County PA in 1885
2. There is some dispute about the exact origin of the tomato
3. It is suggested by Johnson and Stokes Seed Annual in 1888 that "Tomato No. 45" was named by friend, Thomas Brinton, who called it "magnificient" and wrothy of the name Brandywine after the "most beautiful of all streams which flows near our Quaker Village."
4. May have potato shaped leaves and sometimes not
5. It is believed that the tomato originates in the western portions of South America
6. Varieties of wild tomatoes are still found in Peru
7. Aztecs of Central America called it "xitomatl"
8. In 1692 a cookbook was published in Naples and mentions the Tomato
They can be used fresh, frozen, canned and in salads
We have been in the garden - seed business for over 40 years and were one of the first to sell seeds on the internet many years ago. We will give you quality seed and service. We will be there for you not only today but down the road from now should you need growing help or more seeds. We thank you in advance for your business.