Solanum Lycopersicon esculentum
74 -80 Days
An old time, mid season favorite producing medium sized fruits ranging in size from 4-6oz, and bursting with old fashioned flavor. Perfect for canning, juicing and fresh use. Fruits resist cracking and have a beautiful, smooth skin. The uniform, firm thick fruits are perfect in sandwiches and salads. An all time favorite with gourmet grocers and chefs.
- Introduced in 1934 by Rutgers breeder Lyman Schermerhorn
- The Tomato is believed to have originated in the western portions of South America
- Varieties of wild tomatoes are still found in Peru
- Aztecs of Central America called it "xitomatl"
- In 1692 a cookbook was published in Naples and mentions the Tomato
Rutgers Heirloom Tomato Seeds OP Non GMO
- All seed descriptions are based on careful study, research and our own growing experiments. They are reproduced here, from our web site and seed company packet descriptions and are Copyright along with photos © [ Summers Seeds Garden Products] 1998-present. All rights reserved. No part of these descriptions may be reproduced, in part or in whole, without the written consent of the owner/publisher.