Small Red Cherry Tomato
70 Days From Transplant
Very productive plants produce an abundance of mild and sweet, gourmet type flavorful 1/2 inch cherry red fruits. Perfect for sauces and paste in addition to fresh eating on salads and sandwiches and the perfect addition to salsas. Many use them for canning whole. A truly beautiful variety!
Fruit size: 1/2 - 3/4 " round
Matures: 70 days
Plant spacing: 36 inches apart
Plant size: up to 4-6 feet tall
Plant type: Indeterminate
1. Tomatoes are believed to have originated in the western portions of South America
2. Varieties of wild tomatoes are still found in Peru
3. Aztecs of Central America called it "xitomatl"
4. In 1692 a cookbook was published in Naples and mentions the Tomato
They can be used fresh, frozen, canned and in salads
Buyers should do their own research for plant uses.
We thank you for your support of rare and naturally grown seeds!
Small Red Cherry Tomato- Good for Sauce and Fresh Salsas
- All seed descriptions are based on careful study, research and our own growing experiments. They are reproduced here, from our web site and seed company packet descriptions and are Copyright along with photos © [ Summers Seeds Garden Products] 1998-present. All rights reserved. No part of these descriptions may be reproduced, in part or in whole, without the written consent of the owner/publisher.