Sugar Baby Watermelon Seeds Heirloom firm red juicy & OH so sweet! Small 6-10
Sugar Baby Watermelon
60 -90 days to harvest from transplant
An early season variety growing nice small 6-10lb fruits, rich in sugary flavor! Perfect size for the refrigerator. Firm, fine-grained and super sweet. Easy to grow
1. Watermelon is high in lycopene
2. Egypt recorded the first watermelon harvest occurred around 5,000 years ago
3. Watermelon's scientific name is Citrullus lanatus of the botanical family Curcurbitaceae
4. This scientific name is derived from both Greek and Latin roots
5. Citrullus comes from a Greek word “citrus” which is a reference to the fruit
6. lanatus is Latin, and has the meaning of being wooly, referring to the small hairs on the stems and leaves of the plant
7. The first cookbook published in the U.S. in 1776 contained a recipe for watermelon rind pickles
8. A watermelon contains approimately 93% water
Planting Depth - 1/2"
Seed Spacing - 5"
Days to Germinate - 7-15
Hill Spacing - 6'
Days to Maturity -87 days