Yellow Pear Tomato
80 Days From Transplant
Indeterminate - OP
Very productive plants produce an endless supply of beautiful, mild and sweet, gourmet type, flavorful, 1 -2 inch pear shaped tomatos. Tomatoes grow in clusters, like grapes. Perfect for salads in addition to fresh eating and great on sandwiches. Makes the perfect addition to salsas. Many use them for canning whole. A truly beautiful variety that will add color to any dish! An early producer.
Fruit size: 1-2" Pear
Matures: 8 days
Plant spacing: 36 inches apart
Plant size: up to 6-8 feet tall
Plant type: Indeterminate
1. Tomatoes are believed to have originated in the western portions of South America
2. Varieties of wild tomatoes are still found in Peru
3. Aztecs of Central America called it "xitomatl"
4. In 1692 a cookbook was published in Naples and mentions the Tomato
They can be used fresh, frozen, canned and in salads
Photos are licensed and copyright by various artists – BE Respectful and Do not use them - always get proper permission or licensing
Yellow Pear Tomato- Good for Sauce and Fresh Salsas All Natural Non GMO
- All seed descriptions are based on careful study, research and our own growing experiments. They are reproduced here, from our web site and seed company packet descriptions and are Copyright along with photos © [ Summers Seeds Garden Products] 1998-present. All rights reserved. No part of these descriptions may be reproduced, in part or in whole, without the written consent of the owner/publisher.